Yeti Toys, 9 Penrod Way, Heysham, Lancashire, LA3 2UZ is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations 2016 and the data protection legislation in the UK. We are the controller of any personal data you provide to us or we collect about you. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
Disclosure of Information
For sales to the public, we collect your name, address, email address and telephone number. We need this information in order to be able to provide you with a product or service you have ordered or to respond to your enquiry and to contact you should there be any issues with providing the product or service. If you have made enquires with us we have a legitimate interest in also contacting you in the future with details of further products or services that we offer.
We only require your email address for opting to our newsletter and update emails. This allows us to send you product information which is relevant to you. Yeti Toys will use your email address help us provide our products and services to you and to update you with information on new products/ services. If we send you an email regarding our products and services you will have the option to unsubscribe.
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
The following shows what our legal basis for processing the personal data is:
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send you your order or invoice.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for storing your address details.
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of Yeti Toys in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Parties such as delivery partners.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirements to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Your data may be required by a third-party service provider contracted to Yeti Toys in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service requested by Yeti Toys as follows:
Yeti Toys works with courier companies in order for you to receive your goods, we only provide the necessary data to complete an order.
Keeping records accurate
We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 1 year after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under How we use your information above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- We bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- In limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
All information will be kept as confident and as secure as possible through the use of Yeti Toys secure server software. As required by the GDPR and Data Protection Act 1998 Yeti Toys follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have provided so as to prevent unauthorised access. Yeti Toys uses industry-standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of the information including without limitation ‘firewalls’. Yeti Toys also works with suppliers and partners who may make use of cloud and/or hosted technologies. We undertake data security due diligence on our partners and ensure that these partners conform to appropriate accreditations.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Under the Act you are entitled, on payment of a fee, to be given by Yeti Toys, a description of all personal data we hold about you, the purpose for which this is being processed and the recipients to whom this may be disclosed. You also have the right to have communicated to you in an intelligible form, the information constituting the personal data and any information available to Yeti Toys as to the source of that personal data. Please contact using the details below.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Yeti Toys refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you would like to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Yeti Toys (or third parties), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to submit a complaint directly with the Yeti Toys team by emailing email@example.com. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
Yeti Toys reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of this policy from time to time. Such variations become effective immediately upon the posting of the varied policy on theYeti Toys website. By continuing to use the Yeti Toys website after such posting you will be deemed to accept such variations. You should visit the page periodically to review this policy and its terms and conditions because they are binding upon you. In the event that any term of this policy is held to be invalid, unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that term shall be deemed severable and the remainder of this policy shall remain valid and enforceable.
If you have any questions about privacy, please contact us at:
Write to us: 9 Penrod Way, Heysham, Lancs, LA3 2UZ